Aroma: Incense smoke twisting over a dark bed of vanilla and crushed flower petals.
Base Oil: Dragonsblood infused coconut oil
Secondary Oils: Evening Primrose Oil, Borage Oil
Essential Oils: Sandalwood, Vanilla Burbon C02 Extract, Patchouli, Geranium, Frankincense, Ylang-ylang, Jasmine Absolute, Neroli, Cedarwood, Dragonsblood Resin
Application: 1-2 drops of oil in the hands and massage into damp hair or into the scalp.
• Coconut oil fractionated- Coconut oil is excellent as a skin moisturizer and softener. A study shows that extra virgin coconut oil is effective and safe when used as a moisturizer, with absence of adverse reactions. A study found that coconut oil helped prevent protein loss from the wet combing of hair when used for fourteen hours as a conditioner before washing the hair.
• Dragonsblood Resin- Dragon’s blood is a resin produced by the rattan palm tree, Daemonorops draco. It is native to Southeast Asia, appearing in tropical and subtropical climates and occurring on the Malay Archipelago, specifically cultivated in Sumatra. There are in fact many red resins colloquially known as dragon’s blood, many of which possess different properties and come from entirely different plants. The resin of Daemonorops draco is what was used in this blend.
• Evening Primrose Oil– This oil comes from the pressed the seeds of the Evening Primrose plant, Oenothera biennis . The yellow flowers only open in the evening, hence their common name. Evening Primrose Seed Oil is a rich source of gamma linoleic acid, an Omega 6 fatty acid and nourishes the scalp, hair, and even your nails.
• Borage Oil- Borage is also sometimes known as starflower, and grows wildly in many parts of the world. The use of borage in various medications dates back at least to Roman times, during which several writers described the mysterious healing properties of borage leaves (steeped in wine, which may also have contributed to said ‘healing properties’.) Borage oil is extracted from the seeds of the borage plant, and its essential ingredient has been found to be gamma linolenic acid, commonly known as GLA, which is an essential fatty acids. One experiment found that skin creams which contained borage oil were markedly more effective in replenishing dry, damaged skin than those creams which contained no borage. These results have been taken as evidence that borage oil proves a replenishing effect on the skin and hair, and is able to restore moisture and elasticity where it had previously been lost.
• Sandalwood Essential Oil- An anti-inflammatory with a warm woody scent, it soothes tender scalps and can help help heal eczema and psoriasis, soothe, shrink pimples and reduce dandruff.
• Vanilla Burbon CO2 Extract- Vanilla is not produced as pure essential oil. It is well advised to question the authenticity of Vanilla labeled pure essential oil. This soothing scent is perfect for relaxing and meditation.
• Patchoili Essential Oil- An oil with a earthy, smoky, spicy, and musky scent, it is an astringent, fungicide, astringent and deodorant, promoting a healthy scalp free of irritations and imperfections.
• Geranium Essential Oil- A heavy, sweet floral, geranium has always been known as a powerful wound healer and has been used in both medicine and aromatics. It sooths breakouts on the scalp while promoting healthy scalp skin and renewed circulation.
• Ylang–Ylang Essential Oil– A scalp soother and follicle stimulator. Indonesians spread the luxuriant flowers on the marriage bed of the newly weeded couples. Ylang means “flowers of flowers,” sometimes called “the perfume tree.”
• Jasmine Absolute- This oil helps to bust stress- which can drain nutrients from the body. Using jasmine oil along with coconut oil has Shown to encourage hair growth. Along with adding to the volume and length, it gives dry hair a radiant lustre.
• Neroli Essential Oil- With its light, citrusy scent, neroli has antibacterial properties that helps keep scalps healthy. Cytophylactic, it promotes the generation of new cells and stimulates the health of those already present.
• Cedarwood Essential Oil– Excellent for both hair and skin care. It balances oily skin, soothes and helps to heal skin rashes, reduces oil in hair and skin. Famed cedars of Biblical times (Lebanon cedar) provided one of the world’s earliest perfumes. Other ancient cultures used cedarwood for sarcophagi and palace and temple building material.