Tuesday, August 1, 2017
August's Signature Oil Blend is perfect for the end of summer, relaxing and warm.
Tolkien's Andúnië was an important city and port in the realm of Númenor .It was located on the Bay of Andúnië in the Andustar region, on the western end of Elenna. Part of the town lay beside the shore but many dwellings were set upon the steeps slopes behind. Andúnië is a variant of the Quenya word andúnë, meaning "sunset".
Base Oil: Safflower Oil
Secondary Oils: Jojoba Oil, Shea Nut Oil
Essential Oils: Bergamot, Sweet Orange, Sandalwood, Lemon, Patchouli, Grapefruit
Aroma: The warm wood of a ship in the sun, with sweet, bright citrus sunshine
Application: 1-2 drops of oil in the hands and massage into damp hair or into the scalp.
• Safflower Oil- also known as Carthamus tinctorius, functions as an emollient when applied topically, helping to keep skin and hair hydrated and moisturized. Safflower oil is a source naturally high in the vitamin E antioxidant, which helps reduce surface roughness.
• Jojoba Oil- Jojoba Oil is found to be an ideal moisturizer and conditioner which is derived from a natural plant. Jojoba oil is produced from a desert plant called Simmondsia Chinensis whose oil is highly regarded as an effective conditioner, moisturizer, cleanser and softener for the skin and hair. This deep golden oil is considered to be the closest to the sebum naturally produced by the body, making it a customer favorite.
• Shea Nut Oil- A beautiful oil with a deep golden color which is made by cold-pressing the nut seed of the Shea (Karite) Tree. Shea oil is a byproduct of Shea butter production where the pressing of the seeds produces a fractionated oil. This oil leaves a smooth and healthy feel to the skin and hair buy helping rough and upraised cells smooth back into place. It offers benefits for numerous skin problems including dermatitis, eczema, burns, cutaneous dryness and other irritations. Highly recommended as a protective agent against harsh weather conditions where a mild barrier against the elements is desired.
• Bergamot Essential Oil- Certain components of the essential oil of Bergamot are antibiotic and disinfectant in nature. They inhibit the growth of germs, virus and fungi. They also effectively prohibit infections, including those of the skin. It has a refreshing and natural scent and is also a tonic, meaning it tones up skin and muscles
• Orange (Sweet) Essential Oil- A zesty citrus, sweet, strong aroma, Sweet Orange is cheering, refreshing, uplifting, and comforting. Orange, like all citrus fruits, plays an important role in Chinese medicine.
• Lemon Essential Oil- This refreshing oil is an antifungal and antibacterial. It also promotes circulation of the scalp.
• Sandalwood Essential Oil- An anti-inflammatory with a warm woody scent, it soothes tender scalps and can help help heal eczema and psoriasis, soothe, shrink pimples and reduce dandruff.
• Patchoili Essential Oil- An oil with a earthy, smoky, spicy, and musky scent, it is an astringent, fungicide, astringent and deodorant, promoting a healthy scalp free of irritations and imperfections.
• Grapefruit Essential Oil- Like the fruit itself, the essential oil of Grapefruit is rich in anti oxidants. Primarily, in Vitamin-C. It's antimicrobial properties are great for scalps that like an astringent environment. Helps reduce oil production.