Friday, September 22, 2017
Fangorn Forest Signature Oil for September
Fangorn Forest was a forest beneath the southeastern flank of the Misty Mountains.
It was known for being the last habitation of the Ents and Huorns. It was named after the oldest Ent, Fangorn (Treebeard). It is also called Entwood by the Rohirrim.
Base Oil: Walnut Oil
Secondary Oils: Jojoba Oil, Safflower Oil
Essential Oils: Balsam Fir, Cypress, Petitgrain, Ravensara, Frankincense, Clove, Peppermint
Aroma: Evergreen, ancient wood, moss, and moss.
Application: 1-2 drops of oil in the hands and massage into damp hair or into the scalp.
• Walnut Oil- A pale golden oil, it good moisturizing, anti-aging, regenerative, emollient and toning properties. Walnuts are unique among nuts because the essential fat they contain is primarily polyunsaturated (the source of omega-3 fatty acids.) as well as a host of other important vitamins and minerals. Walnut oil is a clear, grease-less, penetrating oil, that is a rich source of fatty acids.
• Safflower Oil- also known as Carthamus tinctorius, functions as an emollient when applied topically, helping to keep skin and hair hydrated and moisturized. Safflower oil is a source naturally high in the vitamin E antioxidant, which helps reduce surface roughness.
• Jojoba Oil- Jojoba Oil is found to be an ideal moisturizer and conditioner which is derived from a natural plant. Jojoba oil is produced from a desert plant called Simmondsia Chinensis whose oil is highly regarded as an effective conditioner, moisturizer, cleanser and softener for the skin and hair. This deep golden oil is considered to be the closest to the sebum naturally produced by the body, making it a customer favorite.
• Balsam Fir Essential Oil- A balsamic, sweet, fresh aroma that is both grounding and elevating. It has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antiseptic, and stimulating properties.
• Cypress Essential Oil- A fresh, green, evergreen aroma, balsamic undertones, cypress was planted outside Greek and Roman temples and used in purifying baths. A stimulating essential oil, it encourages increased circulation to the scalp and reduces oil production.
• Petitgrain (Citrus aurantium)- Made from the leaves and twigs of this amazing tree, it is antiseptic, antispasmodic, a natural deodorant, and nervine. Use in a hair oil will leave hair and scalp fragrant (petitgrain has woody, citrus and floral notes all in one!), while soothing and preventing bacterial and fungal growth. Blends well with lavender, rose, and sandlawood.
• Ravensara Essential Oil- A slightly spicy, camphory, woody herbaceous essential oil with an awakening aroma. Ravensara is fantastic for healing bacterial scalp infections and helps clear skin blemishes.
• Frankincense Essential Oil- Frankincense Oil is extracted from gum or resin of Frankincense or Olibanum tree. Apart from being used as a cosmetic and as a fragrance, it has numerous other benefits including being an antiseptic and disinfectant. It is also a cicatrisant, helping reduce scars and easing tight skin.
• Clove Essential Oil- This warm and spicy oil aids in circulation and is recommended for skin care, especially to acne patients.
• Peppermint Essential Oil- Peppermint and it's name has it's roots in Greek mythology. Pluto - god of the dead - fell in love with Minthe, herself a beautiful nymph. Pluto's goddess wife Persephone became jealous and turned Minthe into a plant, but out of respect for her beauty, she ensured that she would have a wonderful and fragrant aroma. Peppermint stimulates the scalp and aids circulation while soothing irritation.