She wanted to know if, perhaps, I could decorate it somehow and cover up the end. But the more I looked at it the more I thought I could actually just repair it. I asked if I could try, and my customer agreed to let me have at and see how it went.
Here's a few more pictures of how it looked before I got started:
The biggest challenge was the height difference. It wouldn't be enough just to paint silver and black streaks on the metal because the enamel itself is thick so there'd still be a ridge. You can see that ridge pretty well here, where I've put a primer coat on the bare metal:
From there I started with painting over the primer with black, and then adding in some silver streaks. It wasn't looking super-promising at this point, but it wasn't bad enough for me to give up, either.
Then I brushed up over the existing enamel a bit to blend it better and then gave it two more ice resin coats to make the entire surface uniform. And here's how it turned out! I'm very pleased with it, and don't think you'd be able to tell it had been repaired even if you had it in your hands: