What is Miruvor?
Inspired by this mystical drink, our Miruvor Herbal Hair Tea is a gathering of herbs and blossoms that supports healthy scalps and provides what’s needed to grow hair worthy of an elven princess.
What's in it? What does it taste like?
Miruvor is gluten-free, kosher, organic, and naturally sweetened. A blend of herbs and flowers,Miruvor tastes of wild woodlands, fields in bloom, all warmed with cinnamon. Caffeine-free, it can be enjoyed at any time of day or night and blends wonderfully with green tea or chai.
Ingredients: Red raspberry, nettles, linden flowers, lemon verbena, chaste tree berries, lemon peel, burdock root, chamomile, horsetail, squawvine, cinnamon and stevia leaf.
Detailed Ingredients & Benefits:
- Red Raspberry Leaf- Rich in minerals and vitamins that promote the health of hair, skin, nails, bones and teeth
- Nettles- Often called nature’s conditioner, Stinging Nettle is natural deep cleanser useful for oily skin and hair that promotes hair growth from within
- Linden Flowers- Linden flower contain the curative plant fiber mucilage, as well as many vitamins and the essential oil farnesol. When ingested it promotes circulation, relaxation and healthy skin and scalp
- Lemon Verbena- This tasty herb helps to support the central nervous system and aids in de-stressing
- Chaste Tree Berries- The Greeks and Romans used this plant to encourage chastity and thought of it as capable of warding off evil. More practically, however, the berries help to regulate hormone imbalances and reduce inflammation
- Lemon Peel- Provides an excellent source of bioflavanoids and vitamin C, which supports circulatory, skin and scalp health
- Burdock Root- Contains mucilage and starches that soothes irritated skin and membranes and is one of the most effective herbs for promoting hair growth and reducing the amount of hair shed
- Chamomile- Promotes hair growth, soothes scalp and is a natural hair conditioner for the length. Helps in relaxation
- Horsetail – Horsetail, not to be confused with cat-tail, is possibly the most abundant source of silica in the plant kingdom, helping to keep hair strong. Many people believe that horsetail can help speed up hair growth by giving the body the extra silica it needs to build hair. Some of the ways to take horsetail is to drink it in your tea, take it in capsule form or apply it directly to the scalp and hair
- Squawvine- A perennial evergreen creeper that grows on forest floors, this herb is most beneficial to the uterus, but promotes good circulation throughout the entire body
- Cinnamon- In addition to having a germicidal effect, cinnamon helps improve circulation and therefore supports healthy hair and skin.
- Stevia Leaf- Naturally 30 times sweeter than sugar using Stevia instead of sugar helps to keep the body's blood sugar in balance, while increasing energy levels and mental activity. Has been known to help acne, seborrhea, dermatitis, and eczema
How do I Make it?
Miruvor is a loose-leaf tea, meaning that it does not come in a prepared bag. To infuse the tea you can take one of several methods, from simply putting the tea through a strainer before drinking, to using a tea ball, or a mesh infuser basket that sits in your cup. You could also use a teapot with a built-in infuser, or something called a Perfect Tea Maker that strains your tea for you.
No matter how you infuse your tea, for maximum benefit, herbal tea must be properly prepared. Pour 8 oz. freshly boiled water over one heaping teaspoon of herbs. Cover cup and steep 10-15 minutes. To make iced tea, brew double strength and pour over ice. For best results drink 3 to 5 cups per day. The spent herbs and bag can be composted.
Want some extra antioxidants? Blend it with green tea! Need a kick in the morning? Blend it with some chai. Have leftover tea? Pour it through your hair for a rinse that will give your hair softness and shine.
Storage: Keep the rolled and closed bag in a cool, dark and dry place.
How do I know if I like it?
Miruvor comes in two sizes, a 2 tsp sample and a 6 ounce bag. Pick up a sample pack to test drive, and then come back for more!