Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Focal Point Signature Oil Blend for January
You can see all of the past featured oil blends of the month in our blog:
Want each new oil delivered right to your door every month? Check out our Signature Oil Subscription Program!
You can get a 1/2oz bottle here, or to purchase the 4oz version, use this listing:
A clean, tingling, invigorating blend to put you in the right mindset to stick to those New Year's resolutions!
Base Oil: Sunflower Oil
Secondary Oils: Tamanu Oil, Camelina Oil
Essential Oils: Wintergreen, Lavender, Peppermint, Frankincense, Basil and Rosemary
Aroma: Clean and clear with a hint of mint and herbal freshness.
Application: 1-2 drops of oil in the hands and massage into damp hair or into the scalp.
• Sunflower Oil Organic Cold–Pressed Unrefined– An oil wealthy in Oleic acids with high amounts of Vitamins A, D, and E, also has beneficial amounts of lecithin, and unsaturated fatty acids. Deeply nourishing and conditioning for the skin and hair it is a natural emollient (meaning it corrects scaling and dryness), by helping upraised skin and hair cells lay flat, helping to increase shine and keep in moisture. Cold-pressed oil, also called cold-drawn, or virgin, oil, is purer than oil expressed with the aid of heat and retains more of its natural benefits.
• Foraha (Tamanu) Oil- Contains a unique fatty acid, calophyllic acid, which has antibiotic properties and non steroidal agent the callophyllolide which is anti inflammatory. A good choice for dry skin/scalps, and helps restore smoothness and shine to damaged hair.
• Camelina Oil was known as the "gold of pleasure" to Europeans not long ago. Rich in natural antioxidants, Omega-3 fatty acids, tocopherols, and high in vitamin E content; Camelina oil is truly under appreciated. Camelina oil also has incredibly high in both alpha-linolenic and linoleic acid contents, and proportions this large are more typically found in linseed oil and fish oil.
• Wintergreen Essential Oil- A refreshing, cooling, and invigorating essential oil. Research shows that wintergreen oil has the ability to act like a natural analgesic (pain reducer), antiarthritic, antiseptic and astringent.
• Lavender Essential Oil– Enhances hair growth by stimulating the scalp. The name “lavender” is derived from the Latin lavare, meaning, “to wash” and was known as one of the seven polyvalents (effective against many toxins). Greeks and Romans perfumed their bathwater with lavender, burned lavender incense to appease their wrathful gods, and believed the scent of lavender to be soothing to untamed lions and tigers.
• Peppermint Essential Oil- Peppermint and it's name has it's roots in Greek mythology. Pluto - god of the dead - fell in love with Minthe, herself a beautiful nymph. Pluto's goddess wife Persephone became jealous and turned Minthe into a plant, but out of respect for her beauty, she ensured that she would have a wonderful and fragrant aroma. Peppermint stimulates the scalp and aids circulation while soothing irritation.
• Frankincense Essential Oil- Frankincense Oil is extracted from gum or resin of Frankincense or Olibanum tree. Apart from being used as a cosmetic and as a fragrance, it has numerous other benefits including being an antiseptic and disinfectant. It is also a cicatrisant, helping reduce scars and easing tight skin.
• Basil Essential Oil- A fresh, warm, spicy, herbaceous aroma, basil is a sacred plant in India, and used in ayurvedic medicine. Helps to restore luster to dull-looking skin in hair, it also is used to treat acne and other skin infections.
• Rosemary Essential Oil– An antimicrobial/antiseptic scalp stimulant and soother; to the ancient Greeks and Romans the plant was sacred, symbolic of loyalty, death, and remembrance, as well as scholarly learning. At weddings and important occasions, wherever solemn vows were made, garlands and headdresses of rosemary were worn, as an emblem of trust and constancy.