Black Friday to Cyber Monday Sale
We wanted to give our customers who follow our blog a special head's up on the upcoming sale! Starting on Black Friday (Nov. 27) and running through Cyber Monday (Nov. 30), pick up some of our best discounts of the year! Stock up for you, your giftee in a swap, or for that special longhair in your life.
Sacred Forest Custom Oil Blend for DecemberTo make sure that nobody misses the last oil blend of 2015 when picking up these great discounts, we've also released December's blend a little early!
You can see all of the past featured oil blends of the month in our blog:
A sacred grove or sacred woods are any grove of trees of special religious importance to a particular culture. Sacred groves feature in various cultures throughout the world. Examples of sacred groves include the Greco-Roman temenos, the Norse hörgr, and the Celtic nemeton, which was largely but not exclusively associated with Druidic practice.
Sacred Forest Custom Oil Blend: A middle-weight oil, perfect for scalp or length.
Base Oil: Sweet Almond Oil
Secondary Oils: Pumpkin Oil, Hazelnut Oil, Avocado Oil
Essential Oils: Frankincense, Myrrh, Pine, Cedarwood, Ho Wood, Hinoki, Vetiver, Sandalwood
Aroma: Sacred incense in an evergreen forest.
Application: After a shower rub 1-2 drops of oil in the hands and massage into damp hair.
• Sweet Almond Oil- This pale golden oil is extracted from almond kernels. Apart from vitamin E it also contains vitamin D and other nutritious components including essential minerals such as magnesium, calcium and rich, natural fats. This oil is easily absorbed and will not clog pores, making it ideal for the scalp and face as well as hair.
• Pumpkin Seed Oil- Pumpkin seeds contain fatty oils with linoleic acid and oleic acid, both known to prevent cancer-causing cell production. They are also an excellent source of vitamins A, B6 and C. In addition, the seeds contain beneficial nutrients like zinc, magnesium, calcium and iron. Perhaps most important to those suffering from hair loss, the seeds contain cucurbitin, a unique amino that may be responsible for pumpkin seeds' effects on hair growth. There is conjecture that when consumed internally pumpkin seed oil it is a DHT blocker and can aid in treating baldness or hair loss, though no clinical study has been done.
• Hazelnut Oil- Considered valuable in giving facial and body massages. It has a high content of essential fatty acids like linoleic acid. Hazelnut oil has a very light, pleasing sweet aroma, which is also somewhat nutty. It is a highly unsaturated vegetable oil that boasts of its fine texture. Hazelnut oil provides numerous health benefits for which it is being increasingly preferred in the preparation of carrier oil blend. The best part about using this carrier oil is that, it does not leave an oily feel behind. The oil is also known to efficiently play the role of an astringent.
• Avocado Oil- This deep golden oil is an edible oil pressed from the fruit of the Persea americana (avocado). It is used for lubrication and in cosmetics where it is valued for its regenerative and moisturizing properties. Rich in nutrients, amino acids, and essential fatty acids, this nutritional oil is excellent for enhancing hair health. It supplies vitamins A, B, D, and E to nourish both hair follicles and the scalp. Vitamin E also acts as a protective antioxidant. It has natural humectant properties, adding and locking in moisture. The monounsaturated fatty acids will give hair a glossy shine and silky texture. The amino acids will promote the growth of new hair cells.
• Frankincense Essential Oil- Frankincense Oil is extracted from gum or resin of Frankincense or Olibanum tree. Apart from being used as a cosmetic and as a fragrance, it has numerous other benefits including being an antiseptic and disinfectant. It is also a cicatrisant, helping reduce scars and easing tight skin.
• Myrrh Essential Oil- The essential oil of Myrrh is extracted from the resin of Myrrh. Myrrh, in scientific nomenclature system, is called Commiphora Myrrha and is a native to Egypt. While the resin was in use in incenses and perfumes in ancient Egypt, the oil obtained from it was used for healings wounds in ancient Greece. Myrrh is an antimicrobial and astringent oil. It also helps promote circulation and soothes skin diseases such as eczema, ringworm, itches etc.
• Cedarwood Essential Oil– Excellent for both hair and skin care. It balances oily skin, soothes and helps to heal skin rashes, reduces oil in hair and skin. Famed cedars of Biblical times (Lebanon cedar) provided one of the world’s earliest perfumes. Other ancient cultures used cedarwood for sarcophagi and palace and temple building material.
• Pine Essential Oil– A power skin and scalp renewal oil, it helps with eczema, psoriasis and pimples. It's scent is invigorating, cleansing and relaxing all at once.
• Ho Wood Essential Oil- A bright, warm, slightly woody scented oil with a few floral notes, it is an antibacterial, sedating oil. Used to relax the scalp and promote a hygienic scalp environment.
• Hinoki (Chamaecyparis obtusa) Essential Oil - The Japanese Cypress has long been used for building Japanese wooden tubs to create an aromatic and soothing experience. It has a woody, therapeutic scent. Hinoki oil has been shown to encourage hair growth in studies and blends well with Jasmine, Ylang Ylang or Cypress.
• Vetiver Essential Oil- An oil with a sweet, heavy, earthy and woody aroma, it is a cicatrisant which speeds up new tissue growth and can speed up the disappearance of scars or other marks from the skin. An anti-inflammatory, vulenerary, and antiseptic, it promotes scalp health. Is aroma has long been lauded for being relaxing and soothing.
• Sandalwood Essential Oil- An anti-inflammatory with a warm woody scent, it soothes tender scalps and can help help heal eczema and psoriasis, soothe, shrink pimples and reduce dandruff.