Introducing the Panacea Yearly Cycle
After carefully considering the feedback we received (which was that there was going to be some sort of uprising if I discontinued the Vegan Salve and that the Winter salve needed to stay forever) and balancing it with concerns on our side (that it isn't practical to keep a ton of salve variations on hand and that it limits the time dedicated to developing new products) here's the scoop on Panacea!
- Vegan Salve has been renamed Summer Salve: Rather than taking people's beloved Vegan salve away, we gave it a new name and made it a seasonal offering. The salve itself is unchanged, only the name has changed!
- Winter Salve is no longer a Limited Edition item: When this salve was developed it was meant to be just a seasonal offering, but the response to it was so overwhelmingly positive that we've decided to keep it on as a seasonal product.
- Winter and Summer Salves will be each offered for half the year: Summer Salve will be offered from Beltane (May 1st) through Samhain (October 31st), while Winter Salve will be offered the other half of the year, from October 31st through May 1st. Some stock may extend past the last sale date- for instance, if there are still a few ounces of Summer Salve on hand after October 31st, I'll part those out into 2 ounce and 1/2 ounce containers and will make sure that's the number listed in the store. When that stock is gone, that's it until May!
- Spring Færie Summer Sachets will be shipped with whichever sample is running for that half the year: While it'd be awesome to have both Summer and Winter samples included, this leads to having both types on hand all year round, defeating the purpose of splitting them in the first place.
- Both Winter and Summer Salve will be offered until May 1st 2011: We want to make sure people have time to find this information and stock up! Both types of salve (and the Original Panacea's Salve, of course) will be offered through May 1st, after that Winter Salve will be going away until autumn.
Now offering 8 oz. Panacea Containers!
In order to help people stock up before their favorite salve is gone for half the year, we're happy to introduce 8 ounce tubs of all three salve types! Less expensive on a per-ounce basis, these larger tubs let you stock up with a healthy supply.
What's the best way to use such an amount of salve? Many of our customers use it not only on their hair, but also as lip balm, cuticle cream, hand and foot balm, and body lotion. Other customers have reported using it as a solid perfume, on their pet's fur, and to oil their wooden hair sticks and forks with.
But will it go bad? Not at all! Unrefrigerated Panacea keeps for roughly a year (less so in very warm temperatures). We recommend putting the large container of salve in the refrigerator and then refilling a smaller container that's kept in the bathroom. Reuse a 1/2 ounce or 2 ounce Panacea jar for this purpose is!
Buying in a larger quantity like this this will keep the salve fresh, on hand, and save you money. Comparing prices you have:
- 1/2 ounce sample Jar: $7.50/ounce
- 2 ounce Jar: $6.75/ounce
- 8 ounce bulk jar: $5.43/ounce
So with all these options there's something for everyone and every use! We'd love to hear what you think of the changes, and please spread the word! No one wants to miss out getting their favorite salve before it cycles out for the season!